See London’s Sites in Just One Day!
This post is sponsored by Adagio Teas UK London Collection Tea
This past Easter weekend My Uncle came to spend a day with me in London from Paris. It was only a short trip but due to my amazing travel planning ; ) (check out my pics on Instagram), he was able to see quite a lot in London (more about my life in London here) in just one day. Due to some rail replacement, the Met line wasn’t running from our area to Wembley so we jumped on our rail replacement bus. Our first stop was Baker Street to see 212b Baker Street. I’ve just recently started watching Sherlock but of course, I’m a huge fan of detective-ing anyways.
Related: What to Expect When Moving To London
After Baker Street, we hopped on the 453 Bus to Westminster. I’ve got to tell you this bus line was amazing for so many reasons, besides the fact that it was 1.50 GBP, but you got to see so many iconic London landmarks and streets such as Regent’s Park, Oxford Circus, Piccadilly Circus, Regent Street, Trafalgar Square, Houses of Parliament. Click here for the full route.
We got to explore Westminster Pier, Westminster Bridge, take tons of pics with Big Ben and stopped by Westminster Abbey. We then decided to take a long walk to Buckingham Palace and took a stroll through Green Park which I loved and had never been to. If you want to do the park properly you can rent a striped lawn chair : )
Next, we were off to Covent Garden for some afternoon tea at the Delaunay, because you can’t come to London and not have Afternoon Tea right? After resting our feet for a long while and had loads of tea (so lots of trips to the loo) we walked to Trafalgar Square and got to soak in some sun.
Related: Five Things to do in Notting Hill
It was a beautiful afternoon in London so there were loads of people in Trafalgar. By then we were both pretty knackered so we hopped on the 15 bus at Charing Cross which is a popular tourist line (I like the 453 better) and headed to our last stop of Tower of London. We even walked over Tower Bridge which I had never done before! We ended the day by meeting up with Sonny to have a curry. It was a successful sightseeing day in London. Keep Scrolling for my breakdown of the day.
Check out more of my London Adventures on Instagram 🙂
- Begin at Baker Street and have a scout about at Baker Street and Regent’s Park
- Hop on the 453 Bus to Westminster Pier
- From Westminster, you can either take a long walk through Victoria to Buckingham Palace or take the Circle/District Line to St. James Park and walk for ten minutes instead of 20
- From Green Park Station you can take the Piccadilly line to Leicester Square Station
- From Charing Cross you can catch the #15 Bus to Tower of London/Tower Bridge
- If you decide to walk over the bridge you can walk to London Bridge Station to catch the tube and see Tower Bridge from a few more angles
Here’s a list of the major London attractions that you will see following this guide:
- Baker Street/Sherlock Holmes Museum
- Regent’s Park
- Oxford Circus
- Piccadilly Circus
- Trafalgar Square
- Tower Bridge
- Tower of London
- Westminster Bridge
- London Eye
- Houses of Parliament
- Westminster Abbey
- Buckingham Palace
Adagio Teas London Collection of loose leafed teas are based off London Landmarks such as : Piccadilly Circus, Covent Garden, Oxford Circus, Westminster. Check them out here.
Read more of My London Posts:
- 1 Day Guide to London
- What It Was Like To Apply for A UK Visa
- 47 Things To Expect When Moving to London