2. While you are preparing the vegetables preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
3. Spread the onion and red bell pepper over a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Use your hands to toss everything together to ensure the veggies are coated with oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, turning once halfway through.
4. While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the avocado-basil crema. Add all of the ingredients to a small blender and blend until completely smooth. Add a small amount of water or more yogurt if needed for blending. Taste for flavor and add more lime juice and/or sea salt to taste.
5. Brown the ground beef when you are done with the crema. Drain the fat from the beef before serving.
6. Divide the rice and beans among 3 to 4 bowls, followed by the roasted vegetables and ground beef. Top with avocado crema and serve.
Thanks to the Roasted Root for inspiring my new recipe. Check out the original recipe here.